How do I apply to UNT?
- You will apply through our admissions offices:
I was recently admitted to UNT now what?
- You will need to attend an orientation (either freshman or transfer orientation). Go here to register for an orientation: http://nsp.unt.edu//
- Another website you might find helpful is http://www.unt.edu/classes-registration.htm
I am applying to UNT as a graduate student, where do I go for advising?
- Graduate advising is done by a faculty advisor within the department of your major. Our advising office is only for undergraduate students.
Registration Frequently Asked Questions
What do the colors mean while I am registering?
- Green means Go! Red Means No.
- The registration process is not complete until you have completed all three steps that are required and you see a Green box next to each course that says ‘Success.’ If you have completed step three and you see a Red box marked ‘Errors’ then you are not enrolled in that class yet. Read the error message to find out why you cannot register for the class.
How do I schedule an appointment with my academic advisor/counselor?
- You will schedule that appointment through our front desk by calling 940-565-4115 or schedule in person Chilton Hall (CHIL), Room 289.
How do I change my major (for students already attending UNT)?
- You meet with the appropriate academic advisor/counselor for the intended major and change during that meeting.
I am not doing well in my course, where can I go for help?
- The Learning Center: http://www.unt.edu/lc/
- Math Tutor Lab: http://www.math.unt.edu/mathlab/
- Economics Help Center: http://economics.unt.edu/news/help-center-news
- History Help Center: https://history.unt.edu/department-information/history-help-center
- University Writing Lab: http://ltc.unt.edu/node/362
What other helpful resources exist at UNT?
- Money Management Center: http://moneymanagement.unt.edu/
- Counseling & Testing: http://www.unt.edu/cat/
- Career Center: http://careercenter.unt.edu/
- Other resources can be found on this site under Student Activities and Services: http://www.unt.edu/campus-life.htm
Where do I go to find out what is happening on campus and to get more involved?
- Events Calendars: http://calendar.unt.edu/calendar.cfm
- Student Activities Center: http://studentactivities.unt.edu/
I am interested in doing an internship for academic credit, how do I start that process?
- Contact the Internships office within the Division of Student Affairs: http://studentaffairs.unt.edu/internships
- Also speak with your academic advisor/counselor about any special procedures for your major
What is the best e-mail to use when contacting my academic advisor/counselor and instructors?
- EagleConnect It can be found through my.unt.edu or eagleconnect.unt.edu. It is recommended that all e-mail be initiated from this account even if you have it forwarding to another account (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)