Accelerated Degree Program in Rehabilitation Counseling
The Graduate Track Pathway program allows undergraduate students majoring in Rehabilitation Studies early provisional admission to our graduate program in Rehabilitation Counseling. Undergraduate students accepted into our Grad Track Pathway program will earn their Bachelor of Sciences in Rehabilitation Studies while taking graduate-level courses. These classes will transfer over into an accelerated graduate program where students will have the opportunity to earn a Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling.
Successful applicants will meet the definition of “Exceptional Undergraduate Student”. These are students who:
- are in their junior year of the Rehabilitation Studies Program and have completed 90 credit hours,
- have a cumulative UNT GPA of 3.5 or higher at the time of their application,
- have submitted the necessary application materials and are able to demonstrate interpersonal and professional skills during the interview that are considered of exceptionally high quality by the faculty in the department.
Our admissions criteria for students applying to the Graduate Track Pathways program is consistent with the admissions processes and procedures for all applications to our graduate program.
Applicants to the Graduate Track Pathways program must submit:
- An application designed for Graduate Track Pathways program applicants
- A current copy of their unofficial transcript
- A self-statement of purpose addressing the following questions:
- What makes you a good candidate for this program?
- How will enrollment in the Graduate Track Pathway facilitate your long term career goals?
- What skills or abilities do you have that will make you successful in this accelerated program?
- A resume of their work experience
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic-related and one employment-related)
- Completion of an interview with members of the department
Letters should be submitted on appropriate letterhead with a signature. These letters should be emailed by your recommenders to: email@example.com. Unofficial transcripts should be mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The resume and self-statement should be attached to the Graduate Track Pathways Program application.
All materials for Spring 2021 are due by November 1, 2020.