Nonprofit Leadership Studies
Are you interested in making a difference in your community? Do you have a passion for helping children or are you looking to pursue a career with a cause? Are you ready to prepare yourself to be ready for future leadership and career opportunities? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then a Bachelor of Science in Nonprofit Leadership Studies at the University of North Texas may be for you.
New BS in Nonprofit Studies
- Begins academic year 2018-2019
- Students may declare the NPLS major in Spring 2018
- Learn more here!
Students: contact HPS Advising now to declare a major in Nonprofit Leadership Studies. http://hps.unt.edu/advising
Read more about exciting opportunities in our recent North Texas Daily article
Getting Started in Nonprofit Leadership Studies
You may take Nonprofit Studies courses to earn an undergraduate, minor, an academic certificate, or as electives. However, you must be enrolled as a student at UNT. If you are already a UNT student, you should consult with your academic advisor about how Nonprofit Studies works best with your major and career interests. Specific questions about Nonprofit Studies should be directed to the HPS Advising Office.
If you are not currently a student at UNT, the fastest and most efficient way to apply for admission to UNT is to complete the ApplyTexas application. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Go to ApplyTexas
- Create a profile by entering your personal information.
- Select "Create a New Four Year University Application" or update your existing ApplyTexas application. Select Continue to move to the next screen.
- Under "Target University," select University of North Texas (Denton).
- Under "Application Type," select either Freshman, U.S.; Transfer, U.S.; or Readmit, Undergraduate (if you are a returning UNT student.) Select Continue.
- Select a semester and select Continue.
- Under "Select School," click the "First Choice School" drop-box and choose the college at UNT that has your major and then select Continue. For example, select the College of Business if you are interested in Marketing as a major. Next, select a second College choice at UNT and then click Continue.
- Click Continue to my Application to get your application number and to save your input.
Careers and Marketable Skills in Nonprofit Studies
An education in Nonprofit Leadership Studies equips students with these core competencies:
- Financial management and budget analysis
- People management and ethical leadership
- Analytical thinking in cross-sector relationships
- Administration and nonprofit management principles
- Fundraising and donor cultivation
A degree in Nonprofit Leadership Studies makes you competitive for many positions, including:
- American Red Cross
- Habitat for Humanity
- The Humane Society
- United Way