Do you want to help people with speech or hearing disorders?

The Bachelor of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology/ Audiology from UNT will pave the way.

A master’s degree is required to be a licensed and certified speech-language pathologist, and a clinical doctorate is required to be a licensed audiologist. Our undergraduate program is designed for students who wish to pursue graduate study and are interested in careers in health professions, teaching, psychology, medicine, gerontology and more.

Our major in speech language pathology/audiology provides skills you’ll need to assess and treat people with hearing and balance disorders through a curriculum centered around practical experience.

Recent graduates are employed as:

  • Assistant in Audiology
  • Assistant in Speech-Language Pathology
  • Early Intervention Specialist

Recent graduates are employed by:

  • Home Health Agencies such as Therapy 2000 and Care Options for Kids
  • Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) of North Central Texas
  • School districts across Texas
  • UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center

Scholarships & more

The Department of Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology in UNT’s College of Health and Public Service offers scholarships to its students each year, including:

  • Bill and Billie K. Johnson Class of the Forties Scholarship
  • Brenda L. Petersen Scholarship
  • Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Undergraduate Scholarship

Your Academic Advisor

As a student majoring in Audiology/Speech-Language Pathology, Rod Streng will help you select classes, explore career options and stay on track toward graduation during your time at UNT.

Rod Streng, Ph.D.
Academic Advisor
 940-565-4115 (main)
  Chilton 112

Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology

The Department of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology strives to provide the finest professional education in both speech-language pathology and audiology while maintaining an excellent Arts and Sciences pre-professional undergraduate degree.

The Center offers state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of speech, language, and hearing disorders.
 UNT Speech & Hearing Bldg