Frequently Asked Questions

How do I check my application status?

Until the graduate school has emailed to inform you that they have approved your application, contact the graduate school at or 940.565.2383. If the graduate school has already sent you an email confirming that they have approved your application and forwarded it on to our office, please contact us at or 940.891.6720.

What textbooks are required?

Please see our textbook page for details on which books are required.

Please note that the textbook Applied Behavior Analysis, 3rd edition, by Cooper, Heron, and Heward is required for multiple courses and will be a valuable study aid for the BACB exam. We recommend that students purchase a new copy and plan to keep this textbook.

How do I access my courses?

Log in to Canvas.

How do I drop a course?

If you need to drop a class, please note that you must drop the highest number class you are enrolled in! Our courses must be taken in numerical order.

To drop a course, please follow these instructions:

  • Login to
  • Click on the Enrollment tile
  • Select Drop Classes from the left hand menu
  • Select the course(s) you need to drop

If this is your only course and you want to drop it, or you are dropping all your courses, you will need to withdraw from the university. Please read about the withdrawal process and then visit the Dean of Students' website for more information.

For more information about semester drop/withdrawal deadlines and refunds, please see the Student Financial Services website (Links to an external site.).

How do I request my official transcript?
  • Log in to and click on the Academic Records tile.
  • Click on Request Official Transcript in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
  • Click Order Transcript on the top right-hand side of the screen.
  • This will open another window that will provide information about the ordering process and the cost.
  • Follow the instructions on that page to order an official copy of your transcript.
How do I view my unofficial UNT transcript?

To print or save an unofficial transcript, follow the following steps:

  • Log in to and click on the Academic Records tile.
  • Click on View Unofficial Transcript in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
  • Click on Submit on the top right-hand side of the screen.
  • Click the box next to the report you just ran and click View Report on the top right-hand side of your screen
  • Your unofficial transcript should open in another window.
  • Certain browsers may have difficulty displaying the unofficial transcript. If this process is not working in the browser you are using, try a different one.​
How do I get my course certificates sent to the BACB for the courses I took as a department-enrolled student before Spring of 2019?

Send an email to and request that your course certificates be sent to the BACB. You must include your name and the EUID you had as a department enrolled student (starts with a Z, then your initials, and 4 digits).

How do I acquire the supervision fieldwork required by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board?

Please see our Supervision page for more information.

What are BAO’s current pass rates for the BCBA exam?

To view the pass rate information for the BCBA sequence please click here.

What are the technical requirements for BAO’s online classes?
  • Webcam required for online proctoring of exams.
  • The latest version of your browser: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
  • A reasonably fast internet connection. We strongly recommend cable or FiOS for your internet connection. If you are able to play Standard Definition video on YouTube with little to no buffering, then your internet connection should be fine.
  • For Apple desktops and laptops, Windows devices, and some Android systems, Adobe Flash is required to view videos in your course. You can download Adobe Flash for free here.
  • Valid email address, mailbox not “too full,” and Spam Blocker not blocking email from your course email address.
  • The ability to create written assignments in at least one of the following file formats: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, rich text format (RTF), OpenOffice (ODT), Hangul (HWP), or plain text (TXT) files.