Fall 2019 Registration for New Students
The priority deadline for Fall 2019 admittance is June 15, 2019. Applications received after this date may not be processed in time for Fall 2019 registration. Please see our Programs Page for more information.
Students who have been accepted into a BAO program:
Permission numbers for Fall 2019 are now available for students who are registering for 4th edition coursework. Please follow the instructions below to get your permission number and register for classes.
Permission numbers for Fall 2019 are now available for students who are registering for our 5th edition coursework. Please follow the instructions below to get your permission number(s) and register for classes.
How to Register for Courses
- Check the Dates and Deadlines for UNT registration. The Registration Guides at the bottom of the page have the Registration Schedules for each semester.
- Check the Course Sequence to see which class(es) you need to take next (GACT-ABA or MA program)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a permission number for your course. You MUST include the following information in your email:
- Your UNT EUID (what you use to login to Canvas)
- Your UNT Student ID (eight-digit number)
- Your BAO EUID, IF you previously had one (starts with a z; was used to login to our old system)
- The class(es) you want to enroll in
- Whether you are in-state (live in Texas) or out-of-state (live outside of Texas)
- Register for your class(es) through my.unt.edu (use your UNT EUID to login). Click here for more specific instructions on registering.
- Make a payment for your class(es). UNT accepts payment by credit card when you register. Be sure to pay on time or the UNT Registrar will drop you from your class(es).
- Purchase your textbook(s) here. Please purchase them as soon as possible so that you will have them before your class(es) start.
Important Semester Dates and Deadlines
Fall 2019 Course Information
Classes begin at 12am CT on August 26th and run through 11:59pm CT on December 13th. Please login to Canvas with your UNT EUID and password to access your course(s). Courses will not be visible until semester starts.
- BEHV 5900 Professional/Ethical Issues: 8am August 26 – 11:59pm September 23
- BEHV 5900 Positive Parenting: 12am September 23 – 11:59pm October 21
- BEHV 5900 Functional Analysis: 12am October 21 – 11:59pm November 18
Fall Book List:
BEHV 5610 ABA Foundations, Concepts and Principles 1
Johnston, J. M. (2014). Radical behaviorism for ABA practitioners. New York, NY: Sloan.
Cooper, J. O., Heron, T. E., & Heward, W. L. (2019). Applied behavior analysis (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
BEHV 5612 Meaningful Assessment in Behavioral Practice
Carter, S., & Wheeler, J. J. (2019). The social validity manual: A guide to subjective evaluation of behavior interventions. London, England: Elsevier.
O’Neill, R. E., Albin, R. W., Storey, K., Horner, R. H., & Sprague, J. R. (2015)Functional assessment and program development for problem behavior: A practical handbook (3rd ed.). Stamford, CT: Cenage Learning.
McLean, M., Wolery, M., & Bailey, D. B. (2004) Assessing infants and preschoolers with special needs (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
BEHV 5613 Culturally Responsive Ethics in Behavioral Practice
Bailey, J. S. & Burch M. R. (2016). Ethics for behavior analysts (3rd ed). New York: Routledge, Taylor and Francis.
Manning, R. & Stroud, S. R. (2007). A Practical guide to ethics: Living and leading with integrity. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
Skinner, B. F. (1974). The question of control. In About Behaviorism (pp. 208-227). London: Penguin Books.
BEHV 5616 Effective Communication and Collaboration in Behavioral Practice
Bailey, J. S. & Burch M. R. (2016). 25 essential skills and strategies for behavior analysts. New York, NY: Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group.
Hacker, D., & Sommers, N. (2019). A Pocket style manual: APA version (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Bedford/St. Martin’s.
Schwabish, J. (2017). Better presentations: A guide for scholars, researchers, and wonks. New York: Columbia University.