To find a supervisor for supervised fieldwork, please visit the BACB Certificant Registry.
Applying for the BCBA exam BEFORE January 1, 2022
- Please see the BCBA Handbook for current information on obtaining your experience hours.
- If you are currently taking 4th edition coursework, you must complete all coursework, degree, and supervision requirements AND receive Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB) approval to take the exam prior to December 2021.
- If you are taking 5th edition coursework in our MA program or GACT-ABA program AND you plan to complete all coursework, degree, and supervision requirements AND receive BACB approval to take the exam prior to December 2021, you are only required to meet the current supervision requirements.
- We recommend that students begin collecting experience hours as soon as possible after beginning the course sequence so that they have time to collect all the required hours and sit for the 4th edition exam.
- Please see the BACB's Guidance for Those Applying for BCBA Certification During the 2022 Transition
Applying for the BCBA exam AFTER January 1, 2022
- If you are taking 5th edition coursework in our MA program or GACT-ABA program and plan to apply for the exam after January 1, 2022, please see the BCBA 2022 Eligibility Requirements.
- We recommend that students begin collecting supervised fieldwork hours while taking courses so that they can benefit from applying what they are learning in their classes and by bringing their applied experiences back into the classroom.
Behavior Analysis Online is not responsible for ensuring that our Master of Arts degree or Graduate Academic Certificate in ABA meet state licensure requirements. Each student is responsible for determining the requirements to practice ABA in the state in which they wish to practice.