Our Grad Track in Speech-Language Pathology program provides an academic and clinical professional education to prepare you as a clinician working in educational and medical settings. In the Grad Track program, in lieu of undergraduate classes and/or electives, you will begin taking graduate courses the senior year of your undergraduate studies.
There are benefits to choosing the Grad Track program. You will graduate with a master’s degree in speech-language pathology a semester earlier than the traditional graduate program, and you will save money on tuition by choosing to stay at UNT!
Requirements to apply for Grad Track program require applicants to:
- Be in their junior year of undergrad to apply
- Have a minimum of 75 completed semester credit hours
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
Combined coursework in your undergraduate and graduate programs will qualify you for national certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and state licensure. You also can gain valuable research experience by working with our faculty members on various projects. You will have access to laboratories for research, clinical treatment rooms, a clinic library, a student workroom and a computer lab.
SLP Grad-Track Application Process
The deadline to apply for the Grad Track Program during your junior year is March 22, 2024.
To apply for the program, email the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Official transcripts as requested through your my.unt.edu account.
- Answers to three clinical questions. Download the questions, and enter complete and concise responses with a 500-word limit per question.
- Three letters of recommendation: Letters should be from individuals who are familiar with your academic background and who can attest to your aptitude for challenging graduate-level academic work, or by speech-language pathologists who have supervised you in a clinical environment. Letters of recommendation should be submitted directly by the recommender at the submission link. Your recommender will need your full name, student ID number, and email address in order to submit the recommendation. Be sure that you provide this information, along with the submission link, to your recommenders.
Email email@example.com for questions about the Grad Track program.